The Certified Secure Computer User (C|SCU) course is designed to provide individuals with a solid foundation in computer security principles and safe online practices. The course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to protect computer systems, safeguard data, and mitigate common security risks. Here are some key aspects of the C|SCU course:
- Understand the importance of computer security and the potential consequences of security breaches.
- Learn best practices for securing operating systems, including user accounts, file permissions, and system updates.
- Identify different types of malware and implement measures to protect against them, including the use of antivirus software.
- Develop an understanding of internet security risks and learn strategies to protect personal information and privacy online.
- Explore the security implications of social media usage and learn how to protect personal information on social platforms.
- Understand email security threats and learn techniques to identify and avoid phishing attempts and other email scams.
- Discover the importance of mobile device security and learn how to secure smartphones and tablets.
- Gain knowledge about data backup and recovery methods to ensure data resilience.
- Understand the significance of security policies and procedures in maintaining a secure computing environment.
Any individual who uses computers and surf the web, social media ,email, chats ,etc. but is not aware of computer security issues.
- Module 1: Introduction to Data Security
- Module 2: Securing Operating Systems
- Module 3: Malware and Antivirus
- Module 4: Internet Security
- Module 5: Security on Social Networking Sites
- Module 6: Securing Email Communications
- Module 7: Securing Mobile Devices
- Module 8: Securing the Cloud
- Module 9: Securing Network Connections
- Module 10: Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Module 11: Securing IoT Devices and Gaming Consoles
- Module 12: Secure Remote Work
- Basic understanding of computer hardware and software.
- Familiarity with common operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts.
- Understanding of the internet and web browsing.
- Awareness of common cybersecurity threats and risks.
Number of Questions : 50
Test Duration : 2 Hours
Test Format: Multiple Choice
Test Delivery : EC-Council Portal