In this comprehensive Security Administration course (MS-500), participants will delve deep into the intricacies of securing user access to organizational resources. The extensive curriculum covers a wide array of essential topics, equipping learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to safeguard their organization’s digital assets effectively.
The course commences with a detailed exploration of user password protection, providing insights into robust password policies and practices. Participants will gain a thorough understanding of multi-factor authentication, a critical layer of security that adds an extra dimension to user verification. Moving further, the course demonstrates how to enable Azure Identity Protection, a powerful tool that enhances identity security within the Azure ecosystem.
A significant portion of the course is dedicated to Azure AD Connect, offering comprehensive guidance on its setup and utilization. Learners will become proficient in leveraging this tool to synchronize on-premises directories and enable seamless user access management. Additionally, participants will be introduced to conditional access in Microsoft 365, empowering them to create tailored access policies based on various parameters.
The course also delves into threat protection technologies, elucidating the diverse threat vectors that organizations may face. Participants will explore Microsoft’s cutting-edge security solutions designed to mitigate these threats effectively. Topics covered include Secure Score, a valuable tool for assessing and improving security posture, Exchange Online protection for email security, Azure Advanced Threat Protection for advanced threat detection, and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for robust endpoint security. Furthermore, the course provides in-depth insights into threat management strategies, enabling participants to proactively identify and counter potential security threats.
Information protection technologies are another pivotal aspect of the course, addressing the importance of safeguarding sensitive data within the Microsoft 365 environment. Participants will learn about information rights managed content, message encryption techniques, as well as labels, policies, and rules that support data loss prevention and information protection initiatives.
The course also delves into archiving and retention in Microsoft 365, offering comprehensive guidance on data governance. Participants will gain expertise in implementing data retention policies and tags, exploring in-place records management for SharePoint, and managing email retention effectively. Moreover, the course equips learners with the skills needed to conduct content searches and investigations, supporting eDiscovery processes within the organization.
By the end of this course, participants will emerge well-versed in the nuances of data security and access management, armed with the expertise needed to ensure a robust, secure, and compliant Microsoft 365 environment for their organization.”
The Security Administration (MS-500) course is designed for IT professionals and security administrators who are responsible for securing user access and organizational resources within a Microsoft 365 environment. This course is ideal for:
- Security Administrators
- IT Professionals
- System Administrators
- IT Managers
- Security Consultants
- Compliance Officers
- Module 1 : Create , configure, and manage identities
- Module 2 : Explore identity synchronization
- Module 3 : Implement and manage external identities
- Module 4 : Implement and manage external identities
- Module 5 : Manage secure user access in Microsoft 365
- Module 6 : Manage user authentication
- Module 7 : Plan , implement , and administer Conditional Access
- Module 8 : Plan and implement privileged access
- Module 9 : Plan and implement entitlement management
- Module 10 : Manage Azure AD Identity Protection
- Module 11 : Protect against threats with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Module 12 : Deploy the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint environment
- Module 13 : Protect against malicious attacks and unauthorized access with Microsoft Edge
- Module 14 : Understand Microsoft 365 encryption
- Module 15 : Understand app management using Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Module 16 : Manage device compliance
- Module 17 : Remediate risk with Microsoft Defender for Office 365
- Module 18 : Query, visualize , and monitor data in Microsoft Sentinel
- Module 19 : Create and manage sensitive information types
- Module 20 : Apply and manage sensitivity labels
- Module 21 : Prevent data loss in Microsoft Purview
- Module 22 : Manage data loss prevention policies and reports in Microsoft 365
- Module 23 : Manage the data lifecycle in Microsoft Purview
- Module 24 : Manage data retention in Microsoft 365 workloads
- Module 25 : Manage records in Microsoft Purview
- Module 26 : Manage compliance in Microsoft 365 and Exchange Online
- Module 27 : Manage Microsoft Purview eDiscovery (Premium)
- Module 28 : Manage regulatory and privacy requirements with Microsoft Priva
- Module 29 : Prepare Microsoft Purview Communication Compliance
- Module 30 : Manage insider risk in Microsoft Purview
- Module 31 : Plan information barriers
- Module 32 : Implement privileged access management
- Module 33 : Manage Customer Lockbox
- Basic conceptual understanding of Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Windows 10 devices.
- Experience with Office 365.
- Basic understanding of authorization and authentication.
- Basic understanding of computer networks.
- Working knowledge of managing mobile devices.
This exam retired on June 30, 2023